The Epic Shack Burger
We recently got a Shake Shack right up the street from our house. My husband has been going nonstop and I needed to kick the craving. So I bring you the lightened up SHACK BURGER! This is fire.
Two 2.5 oz 95% lean ground beef patties (will cook down to 4 oz total) (2/3 leaner)
Two 1 oz reduced fat american cheese slides (1/3 lean)
Four lettuce wraps (1-2 greens depending on weight)
1/2 cup sliced tomato (1 green)
1 tbsp onion (1 condiment)
Pinch of salt (1/3 condiment)
1 dill pickle sliced (snack)
For shack sauce;
1 tbsp lite mayo (1/2 healthy fat)
1 tsp yellow mustard (1/3 condiment)
1/2 tsp sugar free ketchup (1 condiment)
Sprinkle of cayenne (1/3 condiment)
1/2 pickle spear minced (1/2 snack)
1 tsp pickle juice (1/2 snack? Unsure how to mark this)
1. Heat large cast iron pan on high heat.
2. Add both 2.5 oz of ground beef to the grill in ball shapes. Sprinkle the salt on top of each.
3. Press down on burger meat with cast iron grill press or spatula to flatten. Leave them alone and let them cook for about 3 minutes, or when the edges start to turn brown. Flip them over and immediately place a slice of cheese on top of each patty. When the cheese melts, they’re ready, about 1 to 2 minutes longer.
4. Drop onions in the pan for a few minutes until grilled.
5. Now we assemble our burgers! Fill lettuce wraps with the burgers stacked on top of one another, tomato, pickles, grilled onions, and shack sauce. ENJOY!!