I was craving Taco Bell.
Updated: Apr 15, 2021
If I could only have one meal for the rest of my life, I’m 100% going with some form of tacos. Tonight I was craving Taco Bell’s soft shell supreme taco and these totally satisfied that craving!
7 oz 99% lean ground turkey breast, 5 oz once cooked (5/7 leanest)
2 oz reduced fat Mexican cheese (2/7 leaner)
2 tsp low sodium Taco Bell seasoning (2 condiments)⠀
3 large pieces of Bibb lettuce (1-2 green depending on weight)
1 tbsp chopped yellow onion (1 condiment)⠀
1/2 cup chopped tomato (1 green)
2 tbsp low fat sour cream (1 healthy fat)
1. Lightly spray large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Cook onion on medium heat until translucent and then add ground turkey breast.
2. Break up turkey as well as you can and brown it. I find that the smaller the pieces the more it tastes like ground beef 🤷🏼♀️.
3. Once meat is browned, add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water to skillet. Simmer for a few minutes until well combined.
4. Now we assemble our tacos onto the Bibb lettuce with meat, cheese, tomato, and sour cream.
5. So simple. So good. Enjoy!