Does anyone else randomly get a craving for those pizza bagels you get from a bagel shop? A toasted garlicy bagel, sliced in half, smothered with sweet tomato sauce, melty cheese & crispy toppings? Well I've been craving them. And that's how I came up with this. It also kind of resembles those frozen French bread pizzas.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
First we make the bagel:
1 garlic mashed potato fuel
1/2 Tsp baking powder (1 condiment)
2 egg whites (1/7 leanest)
Air Fryer Bagel Method - Preferred:
1. Combine the ingredients above in a bowl.
2. Spray a small piece of foil and form bagel shape with dough.
3. Top dough with whatever seasoning you like and calculate condiment amount. This is optional. Garlic and onion seasoning would be good here.
4. Cook on 400 for 7 minutes (check on it periodically). Slice in half and then put halves back in air fryer for 2 minutes to get them toasty!
Oven Baked Bagel:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a small piece of foil and form bagel shape with dough or use a donut pan.
3. Top dough with whatever seasoning you like and calculate condiment amount. I highly recommend everything but the bagel seasoning.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, remove, slice in half, and return to over for 2 minutes to get extra crisp!
Now that we have our bagel, time to turn it into a PIZZA BAGEL!
2 tbsp Raos marinara sauce (1/2 green)
1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (1/4 lean)
1 oz turkey pepperonis (1/4 lean) optional
1/4 cup roasted peppers (1/2 green) optional
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Lay bagel halves face up on baking sheet
3. Add 1 tbsp Raos maranara sauce on each half
4. Top each half with the cheese
5. Add any additional toppings
6. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted