Creamy Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto
This risotto was so fun to experiment with. It has all the flavors you want in an Italian seafood dish. This lightened up recipe is creamy yet refreshing. Give it a try! You won't be disappointed.
9 oz raw, peeled shrimp, 7 oz once cooked (1 leanest)
1 cup riced cauliflower (2 greens)
1/2 cup chopped asparagus (1 green)
1 1/2 tbsp reduced fat margarine (1 1/2 healthy fat)
1/2 tsp olive oil (1/2 healthy fat)
1/2 tsp minced garlic (1/2 condiment)
1 tsp lemon juice (1/2 condiment)
3 tbsp seafood or vegetable stock (1/4 condiment)
3 tbsp reduced fat grated parmesan cheese (1 1/2 condiments)
dash of salt and pepper (1/4 condiment)
1. Melt 1 tbsp margarine in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Once melted, add in olive oil.
2. Add shrimp and garlic into pan, cook shrimp for about 2 minutes, flip, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then remove shrimp from the pan.
3. Melt the additional 1/2 tbsp margarine in the pan.
4. Add asparagus to the pan and let them cook for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and stock to the pan. Let simmer for a minute.
6. Add cauliflower to the pan and stir around so it's coated in the sauce. Let simmer for 3 minutes, or until cauliflower softens and sauce is absorbed.
7. Halve the shrimp and toss them back into the pan.
8. Turn off heat and mix in parmesan cheese.