🍋 Chicken Piccata 🍋
I've been craving this dish for a while but was nervous that it wouldn’t be up to par without the flour, bread crumbs, or pasta. But that was just silly of me because this turned out to be 🔥!!!
Recipe makes 2 servings. Also, if you don’t like capers, replace that condiment serving with more lemon juice.
1 lb chicken breast (2 leaners)
3 cups riced cauliflower (6 greens)
4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 condiments)
1 tbsp reduced fat margarine (1 healthy fat)
1 tsp olive oil (1 healthy fat)
1/3 cup chicken broth (1 condiment)
2 tbsp capers (1 condiment)
1/4 tsp salt (1 condiment)
1/4 tsp pepper (1/2 condiment)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (1/2 condiment)
1. Pound chicken until even thickness.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Add margarine and olive oil to a large nonstick pan on medium high heat.
4. When margarine and oil are hot and sizzling, add chicken and cook for 3 - 5 minutes depending on thickness. When chicken is browned, flip and cook the other side for 3 - 5 minutes until both sides are browned.
5. Transfer chicken to a plate.
6. Don’t clean out the pan - you want all the remaining goodness in there! Turn heat down to medium. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers. Stir the sauce, scraping up all the bits that are stick to the pan.
7. Add browned chicken back to pan and simmer for 2 minutes on each side.
8. Remove chicken from sauce and let it rest.
9. Stir cauliflower rice into the sauce. Add 2 tbsp of water and cover for about 5 minutes- or until just soft enough. Stir. Then take lid slightly off and let steam for another minute.
10. Top cauliflower rice with chicken and enjoy!!